Crowdfunding Your Way into College
There are a lot of young people in the world who never get to take up the profession of their choice because they weren’t able to get the quality of education that a strong career demands these days. Young students with ambitious goals in their lives fall behind because education does not come cheap in present times.
While there are different sorts of scholarships available for bright students, they are nearly not enough in number to support all the students. Other than that, students may find themselves faced with other hurdles in pursuit of these scholarships, like inadequate grades or post-graduation limitations. That is why it might be a valid option for your to consider crowdfunding your way into college.
What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a process through which students can basically ask strangers for money. While this may hurt the self-respect of some, there are many sources to help students with crowdfunding and many people who actually want to help students get the education they deserve.
If you also suffer from a shortage of funds to complete your education and would like to give crowdfunding a chance, take a look at the following websites that are helping students pay for their college fees:
- If you believe that you should be paid for your hard work and good grades, you should take a look at Gradefund.com. You can recruit anyone from your parents and relatives to business sponsors who can decide to donate the amount they deem reasonable based on your transcripts that you submit each semester. The site is free to use and you can have the money directly sent to you via PayPal.
- If you do not find it respectable to go around asking people for money, then Fundraise.com may be the way to go for you. Here you can create fundraisers that can help you get the money you need for your education. The site, while being free to navigate, charges 4.5% of every donation that comes through your fundraiser page.
- While there are many sites that help students crowdfund their way into college, many of them require a certain fees to be paid for their use in one way or the other. One website that helps students keep all their donations to themselves without having to pay the site is YouCaring.com. Every donation is directly sent to you without any delays.
- Angeldorm.com is a website that sends the donations you receive directly to your school or collects them for you in a 529 plan in case you don’t yet belong to a college. What is different about this site is that is also helps a student by offering its own scholarships that it provides based on academic achievements.
Suggestions to Make the Most out of Crowdfunding Websites:
- Be sure about the goals you wish to achieve.
- Make sure that you show the people why you deserve their donations. Most people help you when they see that you have the potential to make good use of the donated money.
- One major aspect of these sites that helps students get more money is through recruiting others and staying active on the website. Engaging with others is a great way to let people know what you are all about and that will help you achieve your financial goals.
With these kinds of possibilities to help aspiring individuals achieve their dreams, there is nothing that can hold you back from getting a quality education if you really want one. Although crowdfunding your way into college is one of the less conventional ways of generating money for your education, it sure is better than sitting at home wondering what could have been if you had taken a chance.